Monday, February 2, 2009

Jan 22 2009 Instent Removal

Just to close out my kidney stone adventure, the stent was removed Thursday the 22nd by my urologist with some minor discomfort, but the after effects were as painful as could be. Within a few hours of removal my bladder went into “spasms” and my right flank (kidney positioning) was pulsating, the offsetting pains were enough to lay me out on the bathroom floor for a few hours wrapped in heating pads and consuming Lori-tab. In all honesty, this was my first ever experience with true internal bodily pain.

You all know what “they” say though, “Pain is weakness leaving the body!” Is that true for all scenarios (including medical) or just endurance athletic events and just who are "they?"

The troubling part about the whole experience this past week is that my 6mm stone is still housed in my right kidney somewhere unbeknownst to any of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment