Thursday, April 2, 2009

April 2, 2009 Reflection


As the torrential rains fell on the Panhandle of Florida today I was forced to spin on the Cadillac of all stationary bicycles, "The Spinner NXT." It was actually designed by a BMW engineer who had comfort, speed and climbing in mind. Manufactured by Star Trac the Spinner NXT is the top-of-the-line in indoor cycling bikes. It truly is a great ride for an indoor workout, the only stationary that you can really get out of the saddle and climb for real.

The downside of the ride was I had to stare at myself the whole time in a wall mirror, interestingly enough the image never changed whether I was seated in the arrow position, the seated climb or out of the saddle.

So during my ride my image was based on my reflection, which led me to wonder;

"What AM i reflecting?"
"What AM i reflecting to others throughout this trial?"
"What AM i reflecting to God throughout this trial?"

Hopefully I have reflected strength, courage, understanding and perseverance through my faith in Christ Jesus. James 1:2 reads, Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

As I continued to climb I wondered if people actually listen more to someone with a trial, a crisis or a diagnosis of cancer, like my cancer becomes a megaphone? People are watching the testament, people really want to know what holds us together when the storms come. So how does one maintain and reflect the hope, faith and belief in our God?

Throughout each pedal stroke and every bead of sweat it kept coming back to me that it's not about me and all about HIM and my life counts most when it counts for HIM.

We should all consider our reflection.

1 comment:

  1. Words of wisdom Brett! You truely are a good Man, and he will be there for you, as you've been there for him. We will keep you in our prayers throughout mondays events.

    Your friends,
    The Swifts

    ReplyDelete